Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Welcome to the 1st ThrowDown Thursday.
The idea is to give you creative and challenging workouts that you can add to your fitness routine. The goal is to struggle. You have to push yourself to get stronger, faster, fitter. It doesn't happen overnight and it certainly doesn't happen with the "same old" workout routine.
Today's throwdown is called the Real 300. Check out the "instructional fitness video":
This is the deal:
- You have 6 exercises
- Dumbbell deadlift
- Squat dumbbell shoulder press
- Lat pullover on the ball
- 1-arm plank row on the bench (25-each arm)
- Dumbbell chest press on the ball
- You have to accumulate 50 reps of each exercise.
- Do as many as you can then go to the next exercise.
- Keep rotating until you each 50 reps. Once you accumulate 50 (say you do 20 push-ups the first round and 30 the second) then you're done with that exercise and just rotate through those you haven't finished.
Note: if you are dying by say rep 25, toughen up and keep going! Just kidding! You can drop the weight if you need to in order to keep good form. Please make any other modifications you need to fit your fitness level. We're happy to answer tweets and questions.
Finally for you Pinterest fans, pin this bad boy and let's bring the ThrowDown worldwide! You can also tweet your workout story using #ThrowDownThursday.
Somebody needs to let Bobby Flay know that there's another throwdown in town! Bring it Grill Boy! :)
What's your favorite way to push yourself in the gym?
Love and Sparta,
Carissa & Kyle