Last week I visited the morning show Daytime to share my tips for quick yet nutritious breakfasts and snacks. And I MAY have tried to juggle in the segment. What was I thinking??
Starting with breakfast is crucial to long-term weight loss success and studies show this. I know time is tight in the am so I really like a new product from Yoplait.
· It’s Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt and it's oatmeal and refrigerated Greek yogurt combined that you can enjoy cold straight from the fridge!
· The 16 grams of whole grain, will help you to start the day with long-lasting energy. Plus Plenti Oatmeal is a good source of protein with 11 grams per cup.
And here’s more good news the calcium in the yogurt is tied to improved fat burning in the body. Plus many women don’t get the recommended amounts of calcium and with the risk of osteoporosis it’s a great start.
Don't forget the fruit in the am like these Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red Grapefruit.
· Just half of a medium sized grapefruit will give you 100% of your daily vitamin C needs for just 60 calories.
· I also like the Sweet Scarletts because they’re sweeter and more vibrant in color and that’s thanks to the Texas climate where they are grown.
I also firmly believe that snacking is important to achieving weight loss success. It’s a bridge between meals to keep your metabolism moving and prevent you getting “hangry” and grabbing something that will derail your goals. My goal is for you to pair a fruit or a vegetable with a source of protein and fiber and on the show I highlighted Wonderful Pistachios and Wonderful Halos Mandarin.
Here are 3 reasons I love Wonderful Pistachios:
· They are a good source of protein, a good source of fiber and the serving size is huge – 49 nuts. That’s a lot more than compared to other snack nuts.
· There’s also something called the Pistachio Principle – have you heard of it?
· When using the in-shell pistachios the leftover shells may provide a visual cue for portions, potentially helping to curb intake. Plus cracking the shells may also help to slow down snacking.
We can always add more produce to even the best diet so to my snack I added the perfectly portable Wonderful Halos.
· They are about 50 calories and an excellent source of vitamin C which will leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
· Plus they are naturally fat-free, sodium-free, and Non-GMO project verified.
What was your New Year'sResolution?
Sticking to it?
Love and resolve,
Carissa & Kyle
I was compensated by the included products for the TV segment but not this blog post. All opinions are my own.