Recently I visited NBC 6 Miami to talk about easy family meals and snacks for the busy back to school season. I brought this recipe and some of my other favorite brands. You can see the clip below and save the recipe for when you need weeknight meal inspiration.
Crock Pot Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
• 5 large bell peppers, I used and array of different colors
• 1 pound Butterball Farm to Family Ground Turkey
• 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 cup chicken stock
· Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs.
· In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, beans, enchilada sauce and cumin. Mix until evenly combined.
· Stuff peppers with mixture (there may be some left over) and place stuffed side up into the crockpot.
· Pour stock around peppers.
· Cover and cook on low 6 hours. At the halfway point I drained some of the water out as some peppers may release extra liquid.
· Top with cheese prior to serving. You can broil them for extra cheesy goodness!