Are you ready for some football? Are you ready for tailgates, touchdowns, and diet temptations? Football season doesn’t have to put your diet goals on the defense. Try these five tips for football party diet success.
I want to give a "shout out" to those of you popping over from the FitFluential blog or Peas and Crayons, where this post was originally posted. Follow Fit2Flex for workouts, recipes, and ways to live healthy!
How to Eat Healthy at a Football Party:
1. Always try to fulfill your workout goals as the week goes on.
Burn as many calories as you can when you can. Getting in interval sprints on the morning of a tailgating party is a touchdown in my book. You'll burn more calories all day with your EPOC!
2. Eat before you go to the watch party. Yes, eat more. Eating 200-300 calories of a high protein/low-carb snack before hitting the social scene will help your waistline. You'll be less likely to be starving and eat more "unhealthy" foods. Try a hard boiled egg, cheese stick, protein shake, or Greek yogurt.
3. Use a plate. Sounds simple, but for me personally I am bad with mindless eating. I will nibble and nibble chips until somebody physically takes them away from me. Portion out an acceptable amount of food onto your plate, sit down, enjoy your surroundings, and just eat that.
4. Gobble the lower calories bites. If you can't fight fun, mindless eating choose healthy, low-calorie foods or even bring them yourself. Great healthy choices include for raw vegetables, fruit, popcorn, or a small handful of nuts. Drinking plenty of water can also keep the “mindless munching” at bay.
5. Pick your poison. You can have beer. You can have nachos. You can have cake. But you can't have all three. (Ok you can, just don't blame me if you feel guilty after). Pick your "poison" and make healthier choices for your other nibbles.
Are you ready for some healthy football?
Love and the pigskin,
Carissa & Kyle