I like to think that I am pretty fitness/diet saavy. I spend...I dunno..at least 4 hours a day thinking or talking about one of those topics.
That being said I still find times where I don't make the right food choice or I blank on what healthy snack to have. That's why I surround myself with fitness magazines, health journals, and other awesome bloggers to remind me of things that I might have "forgotten".
For all of us who might need a little diet-brain re-start here is another sample diet for ya! Remember I am not a registered dietitian (yet) and every person's body and metabolism is different.
This diet is a little less strict than our Clean Eating diet. I'd give it a 4 out of 10 for difficulty. As always:
- Try to keep your food as clean and unproceesed as possible
- Eat 5-6 times a day
- Include protein at every meal
- Fill up on veggies especially in the evening
- Drink tons of water
- Don't forget the fiber :)
Fit2Flex Sample Diet:
- Breakfast- Smoothie on-the-go-
- Mix one scoop protein powder, 1/4c oatmeal, fruit, ice, and any liquid. Optional- flax seed, chia seeds, spinach. You can also sub Greek yogurt for protein powder
- Snack 1-
- 1 apple with peanut butter or Luna/LaraBar and apple
- Power wrap- Whole wheat tortilla with chicken, spinach, tomato, hummus, and feta (or any combo of healthy ingredients)
- Snack 2-
- Mix1 protein shake or Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese
- 4oz lean chicken, shrimp, or lean beef with 1 cup steamed veggies, 1/2 sweet potato, and a spinach salad with a vinegar based dressing
- Sugar Free Jell-o or 1/2 cup of pineapple
Keep focused and keep healthy! If you have a weight loss goal- tell us. The support will only help you achieve your goal!
What's your favorite "diet" food?
Here are some other diet posts you might enjoy- Clean Eating diet, Preparation, Clean eating in photos, the importance of breakfast, beating junk food cravings
Love and dropping ell beeees,Carissa & Kyle