If you're looking for a new breakfast recipe or just wanting to let the real produce star of fall shine give these oats a try!
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 2 diced apples (pears or peaches work too depending on the season)
- 2 cups soy milk (or your milk of choice)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon or *shudder* pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Dash salt
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed
I jazz mine up before serving and I also add a little extra milk if I'm feeling like creamier oats. It's really up to you on the cooking time. If you like thick oats cook longer and wait until you get a consistency you like. I also highly recommend buying slow cooker liners to use. It's an extra expense, but it makes clean up so easy! You can find them near the sandwich bags and foil in the supermarket.
What's your typical breakfast?
What's the last pumpkin thing you ate?
Love and how 'bout them apples,
Carissa & Kyle