|My breakfast helper!|
A few weeks ago I was sent a beautiful box of mangos from the Mango board. They saw me tweeting my mango salsa chicken recipe and offered to send me more sweet goodness.
- Mango is a nutritional superstar providing 20 essentials vitamins and nutrients. One cup of mango provides 100% of your daily value of Vitamin C. Mangos also have about 20% of your daily requirement of folate. Folate helps with cardiovascular function, so you know you want that heart pumping well when you're out there running.
- Oatmeal we know is a power food. The carbohydrates will help your body recover and rebuild from the workout. Oatmeal also has fiber that is filling, great for digestion, and good for lowering cholesterol. It also helps us on our way to 6 servings of whole grains for the day.
- Chia seeds provide essential omega-3 fatty acids that can help reduce inflammation in an athlete's body.
- Milk (or soy milk) used to cook the oats will give about 8 grams of protein and calcium to help strengthen bones.
It's the perfect blend of relaxation and recovery..and it tastes pretty darn good!
Runner's Recovery Mango Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk, soy milk, almond milk, or water
- 1 diced mango
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Sweetener of your choice, if necessary
- Optional - whey protein or coconut butter
- Cook the oatmeal according to the package directions. Dice the mango (instructions here). Add the mango, chia seeds, and sweetener and mix well.
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
Are you a coffee drinker?
Love and superfruits,
Carissa & Kyle