Yup, that's what I'm bringing to you today with my spicy garlic shrimp. It seriously couldn't be easier to make, it's packed with flavor, can be customized with your favorite veggies, and tastes great leftover too.
This recipe was inspired by Rachel Ray's "4 Minute Spicy Garlic Shrimp". I added in asparagus and spinach and serve it with a side of roasted garlic cous cous. For me it's a perfect pre-run meal.
Spicy Garlic Shrimp:
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails in tact (I buy them at Publix peeled and deveined)
- 2 teaspoons grill or steak seasoning blend
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup diced cooked asparagus
- 1 cup spinach
- Heat EVOO in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper and cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and steak seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes. Add asparagus. When shrimp is almost all cooked (not pink) add spinach. Once shrimp is cooked (about 6-8 minutes total) remove from heat and top with parsley, lemon juice, and zest.
See I told you it was simple!
Who is your favorite Food Network Chef?
I'm still a fan of the 1st Food Network Chef I ever followed, Rachel Ray, but I also like Sandra Lee.
Love and chili flakes,
Carissa & Kyle