If healthy foods were ranked according to just how healthy they were, salmon would be near the top. If salmon was a superfood-superhero it would totally be asked to join The Health Food Avengers. Salmon = Thor. They're both Norwegian right?
I love eating salmon in restaurants, however I've only recently been eating it at home. This recipe was inspired by "Kelsey's Essentials" on the Cooking Channel. I kid you not, it's so easy to prepare and tastes amazing. It wasn't fishy at all and the leftovers were amazing.
Asian Salmon en Papillote
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon orange juice + orange zest
- 1 teaspoon minced, fresh ginger
- 4 small salmon filets
- 1 cup brussel sprouts (or bok choy), washed and halved
- 2 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- Olive oil for brushing
- 4 sheets of parchment paper
powermeal". There's omega 3's and anti-inflammatory properties of the salmon, Vitamin C from the red bell pepper, and the cancer fighting compounds in the brussel sprouts. It's so good I'm even linking it up with Kasey's Powermeal-a-week challenge.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Whisk together marinade ingredients
- Fold parchment squares in 1/2 lengthwise. Evenly divide the vegetables among the 4 packets, place in the middle of the packet and sprinkle with 1/2 of the marinade.
- Top the vegetables with 1 salmon filet and the remaining marinade.
- Now you fold the parchment with the salmon and veggies into a packet. Fold the top over and then fold in the edges to seal. Brush packet with olive oil. (this can be a tricky process to be sure that the packet doesn't fall over. I tend to do my packets one at a time layering vegetables then marinade then salmon followed by the last of the marinade and then I fold them up)
- Bake 10-15 minutes depending on desired doneness.
Today I'm west coast bound for the DisneyLand Half Marathon weekend. I'm so excited, because I love Disney, I love running, AND my Mom gets to come with me! I'll have plenty of RunDisney race updates and tweets throughout the weekend.
What is your favorite way to cook salmon at home?
Love and Nordic Naturals,
Carissa & Kyle