accurate holiday, however do we really need a holiday to have a nice wine?
Wine? Friday? All in moderation? Let's go!
Last weekend Kyle & I had our own 2 person wine & cheese party. It was a blast and nobody had to drive anywhere. #safetyfirst
Farmers' Market and selected a bold red wine from The Fresh Market.
Our cheeses included a "drunken goat" and Havarti jalapeno. My fave was the jalapeno. It was spicy, soft, and creamy. Oh I was a BIG fan.
(my take on this~ obviously this was an indulgent meal. I thought that adding in a healthier cracker that was still tasty over crisped bread was a good choice.) I also made my own olive tapenade and a quick tomato bruschetta (sans bread).
I had a brilliant idea and remembered that we had a habanero cranberry jam that I got from a foodie penpal. It paired perfectly with the Havarti. Amazing.
It was such a perfect plate of food. Heavenly and indulgent.
The delicious Sangria?
Trader Joe's. I highly recommend this refreshing blend for you own National Wine Day celebration.
Strawberry Basil Sangria
- 1 bottle Chardonnay
- 6 ounce lemon lime soda
- 1 cup Club soda
- 1 diced apple
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce torn basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Dice apple and slice strawberries. If desired, sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub the basil leaves together to release their scent and add to fruit.
- Place fruit & basil mixture in the bottom of a pitcher.
- Add club soda, soda, and wine.
- Cool and enjoy.
I recommend enjoying this al fresco and without ice in your glass. I also don't own a nice glass pitcher. Hosting fail. I used 3 mason jars for my sangria and I think it was quite rustic. :)
What type of wine is your favorite?
Love and cheers,Carissa & Kyle