|I wish for more chocolate.|
Speaking of almond flour, I'm sure you could make these with regular flour. The texture would be different, but the taste would be similar. I got this almond flour at Trader Joe's and I regret not buying more.
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup natural applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients well adding the chocolate chips last.
- Tip: grease your measuring cup with Pam to help the honey come out easily.
- Drop as 2 inch balls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. (I personally think they are better when cooked longer)
For the nutritional facts I calculated the total yield as 12 cookies with 6 cookies as a serving.
I used GAT chocolate Prolein for my protein, which is a higher calorie protein powder and didn't include chocolate chips in the calories. Keep that in mind.
Here are nutritional stats if you choose to omit the coconut oil:
These cookies are great on their own, but you can really elevate them by slicing berries and making a cookie-berry-whipped cream sandwich. Obviously, this makes them less healthy. But very yummy!
|Bad, bad photographer.|
What is your favorite "healthy" chocolate treat?
Love and Wonka,Carissa & Kyle