But first I couldn't miss my favorite blogging day of the week - What I Ate Wednesday!
|No Bake Pumpkin Protein Pie|
- 1 package Jenny-O extra lean ground turkey
- 3/4 lower sodium Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1-2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- Rosemary, thyme, sage....to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix stuffing mix and milk in a large bowl. Allow to sit for 90 seconds or until the stuffing softens. Try to mash up the larger pieces of stuffing.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop, transfer meatball mixture to a well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until internal temperature equals 160.
- Top with gravy or cranberry sauce and enjoy!
Since this was a new recipe that I just made up on the fly, I was very happy with the way it turned out.
The only thing I regret is that I used sugar substitute for the cranberry sauce and you can tell. Major aftertaste! Bummer!
I hope all of you enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Try to get in some cardio in the am...it will boost your metabolic rate all day. Also watch "mindless" eating. If you're going to eat, then put the food on a plate and sit down. Your pants will thank you!
Love and family ties,
Carissa & Kyle
Of possible interest: What I'm Thankful For, calorie torching interval sprints, Greek turkey meatballs.