"Welcome back." Although his had a much more menacing tone to it.
I missed a weekly full body workout last week with my travel. I opted to get in my long run over my workout and then spent time with family instead of the gym.
I don't feel guilty about it one bit...I just didn't appreciate his taunting as I sweated and wheezed. "Welcome back." Don't worry - I took a couple of swings at him!
My quads are still feeling his warm welcome today, so here's a look at how he brought the pain.
Warm-up: 1.5 mile treadmill run at 6.7
- Warm up 12 each leg back lunge split squat with barbell. Stand with feet together. Step back to lunge with left leg. Stand up to split position, squat down with feet still in split position, then return your feet back together. Step back with right leg and repeat the squat.
- 12 each leg back lunge split squat with barbell. Heavier now.
- Once you reach 12 put your feet 12 inches apart and do 10 close leg squats.
- Sitting DB alternating shoulder press. Hold both DB over head. With your right arm above your head, do 1 rep with your left arm. Then keep your left arm up and rep with your right arm. Then do a normal shoulder press. So it's like, "right arm, left arm, both." Go to failure.
- Without rest use the same dumbells for bicep curls to failure.
- Repeat the circuit. The second time around I did progressive split squats. So I would step back, do 5 split squats, switch legs, 5 split squats, switch legs 4...and so on. Still finishing with close squats.
|Split squat position. Except in this workout my back foot was flat and I had a weighted barbell on my back.|
- 8 heavy leg press
- 10 standing broad jumps outside down a hill
- Sprint up hill
- 12 lat pulldowns
- 8 push-ups with feet on the lat pulldown bench
- Repeat the circuit
- I'm pretty dead here!
- Cable tricep extensions - 10
- Hanging leg raises - 15
- Reverse crunch - 15
I headed home to study for a Community Health final that's Thursday and to whip up our signature Monday salad. Greek? Nope! Today I went for the Cobb.
- Rotisserie chicken
- Organic spring mix
- Roma tomato
- Turkey bacon
- Blue cheese
- Raspberry vinaigrette
I also had some Paula Dean broccoli in garlic herb sauce on the side. Yeah - a little heavy on the dressing. Thanks Paula! But I had a coupon and it was 45 cents so I couldn't pass it up!
Shew- what a workout! I'm tired all over again just reading it. I didn't mind the beating. I'm pushing hard to achieve my sub-2 half marathon in January.
What's the last "really tough" workout you had?
Love and giving it your all,
Carissa & Kyle