I've seen lots of granola recipes on blogs. I hopped over to Julie's blog aka Peanut Butter Fingers and found several recipes for granola. I was surprised how simple it seemed to make. It's basically just oats...and they charge $6 for a tiny bag in the store! Shame!
Julie's recipe for PB granola intrigued me the most. Plus I liked the idea of adding more protein from the peanut butter.
I followed her recipe almost exactly, however I added chia seeds too. I think I may try to cinnamon granola tonight.
|must clean iPad screen|
Peanut Butter Granola (Makes 1 cup or 4 1/4 cup servings)
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 c. oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
- Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 – 8 minutes until granola is slightly browned.
- Let cool until granola is crunchy.
When Kyle tried the granola he said it tasted "smokey"....good he said...but smokey. Welllll..I may have tried to cook the granola on wax paper to speed up my cleaning process. And it may have started to burn a bit in the oven. And I may have picked out the most burnt pieces, but I was still found out. Note to readers: don't use wax paper! :) You live and learn right?
Love and little smokey,Carissa & Kyle