I love the look of strong, toned arms. That's one of my favorite transformations in myself over the past 3 years of high intensity strength training.
|Get your tickets...to the gun show...|
Here's the first of our series of arm workouts to give you earth-shatteringly awesome arms. It's ARM-mageddon time. Note- these exercises use mainly free-weights which can be tricky to learn. If you're brand new to strength training staying with machines. Try our beginner workout.
Beginner Bi's and Tri's:
Perform each exercise in the superset 2 times. So you'd do move "A" then move "B" then move "A" then move "B"
- Close Grip Bench Chest Press - keep hands close together to engage triceps - 12-15 reps
- Here's the deal with pull-ups. They're hard. I can only do 5. If you can do em, do as many as you can. If you have an assisted machine then use that, but focus on the "negative" part. When you're coming back down. Come down very slow to a 10 second count. If you just have a bar then very carefully jump (or step up) to a pull up position and lower yourself down. Basically only doing the negative or last half of the pull-up. Make sense?
- Straight bar bicep curls - 10-15
- Single Arm DB tricep kickbacks - 15 each arm
- Alternating DB hammer curls - hold the DB as if you were hammering something on the ground- To failure each arm
- Overhead tricep extension - hold a single DB overhead and lower behind neck- 12-failure
SuperSet #4- The BURNOUT!
- Arm DB Combo - Sit on a bench. Using a single arm do a bicep curl, rotate up to a shoulder press, and finish with a tricep extension. See photos. Your triceps may reach failure before you bi's and shoulders so stop that move when you can't do anymore and finish the set. 12 reps or failure
- Close grip pushups - to failure
What do you think? I say it's time to look for a new job....as a lifeguard...cuz the beach is over ------> there! :)
Love and sweat,
Carissa & Kyle
- Close grip chest press
- Straight bar biceps curl
- Tricep kickback
- Hammer curls
- Overhead triceps extension
- DB curl/shoulder press/extension combo
- Close grip pushups