Kyle & I have a recipe for a turkey kielbasa casserole that is quickly jumping up the ranks. It's relatively healthy (minus sodium and nitrates for kielbasa) and easy to make. Kyle swears it tastes "creamy" and it quite does. I assure you, however, there is no cream in this casserole!
Turkey Kielbasa Casserole
- 8oz Jenny-O turkey kielbasa
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c chopped green pepper
- 1/2 c diced celery
- 16oz (1 can) undrained diced tomatoes
- 1/3 c water
- 1/2 c uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (don't omit)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In skillet with cooking spray brown sausage.
- Add onion, celery, pepper and cook an additional 3 minutes
- Spoon into a casserole dish
- Add tomato, orzo, water, and thyme
- Cover and bake 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Nutrition Facts: 260 calories, 7g fat
This is a good meal to make for company too. Once it's in the oven, you are done with the prep work and can enjoy yourself.
Love and turkey-lurkey,
Carissa & Kyle