The kind of pride that makes you hold your shoulders and head a little higher. The kind that wipes away your insecurities and makes you feel limitless. The kind that just feels good on the inside. If you've felt it...then you know what I'm talking about.
For me, fitness brings about magical moments where I feel that pride.
It can be something monumental like finishing a marathon OR something simple like pushing through the last set of a grueling exercise OR even showing up to the gym on a day you're tired. It can be as simple as avoiding cake at an office work party or taking the stairs.
Every little fitness victory gives you pride. Think of these little victories as coins. Each little victory goes in a bank and day by day it grows.
One day you realize that you're so much stronger/thinner/confident then when you started out. How'd you get there? Fitness. For me, fitness goes way beyond a physical appearance. It gives me focus, it gives me energy, and it gives me pride.
Here are some of our proudest fitness moments:
- Competing and placing in natural body building show
- Having Kyle push me to a 5k PR (26:30) in his first 5k
- Throwing away my "fat day" jeans from college
- Enjoying and looking forward to clean eating
- Appearing on Home Shopping Network as a Fitness Expert
- Being able to share our knowledge and know that it impacts people
I like pride....when you earn it. It feels good on.
What have you done that makes you proud?
Love and brags,Carissa & Kyle