Needless to say I ran yesterday. It was "salad and sprints" Monday after all! Plus after such a fun (I ate too much weekend) I needed to start my week off right. Kyle isn't getting off work until later so I ran alone which was not as fun, but I did at Ms. Spears and Ke$ha on my Pandora to keep me company.
I was also trying to take time to check out the landscaping of some houses. I want to do a little makeover on some parts of our yard. I'm always leery about adding plants, because they can...well die...and that stinks! So I was doing my research! I also want to tackle and re-do my "astro-turf" patio. But that's for another day! :)
Back to our regularly scheduled cardio. I felt good on the run today. I wasn't any faster than usual (darn) but I think I made some progress.
Quick Step Sprints
- 5 min warm up
- 10 minutes at "move it" pace.
-This is my scientific pacing. I run at a speedy jog and every time I feel myself slowing down then I "move it" to a faster pace.
- 5 min at a regular pace
- 30 second sprint with a 30 second recovery x 4
The short sprint recovery was a new challenge and I hope it will improve my conditioning. Once home I hydrated and did what I think is the best ab exercise ever: hanging knee raises.
Now it is salad time! Rotisserie chicken, feta, tomato, cucumbers, black olives, and maybe some spinach. It looked suspect this morning.
Also since I am clearly such I hot mess I wanted to send out some love to my friends who are doing BIG things!
|Love ya Lyns!|
- My friend Darcy is volunteering in Tanzania teaching English for the month. She has a travel blog so hop over and follow her always exciting and (well-written) adventures.
- My girl Lynsey is the reigning Miss Florida United States and she competes for the title of Miss United States this week. She has worked so hard and I know she will *shine* on stage so please send positive vibes her way! Her platform is St. Jude's Children's Hospital and she has helped raise over $10 million for them.
- Woop Woop to the US Women's Soccer Team for their amazing win! No they are not my friends...but I wish they were! :)
Carissa and Kyle