Last night I was very proud of myself. I made up what I think is a wonderful recipe..all by myself! No cookbook, no googling, just me!
I had a plan to make creamy chicken meatballs with fresh basil and parsley. For those of you who live in Central Florida it was a weeeee bit wet outside. Therefore I didn't venture outside to my garden to pick herbs. Water all over my floors? No thank you! So I had to think...think, think, think Carissa. What to put with ground chicken?? BUFFALO!
I was very pleased with the way the recipe turned out on the first try. Very easy and great flavor. I think you could even make a buffalo chicken meatball sub. My recipe isn't exact. I'm more of a "just dump" chef than a precise, measuring chef. I also think I might add more "spice" next time and maybe red pepper flakes.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 package lean ground chicken
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup (or more) Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (I kept pouring until the chicken was saturated but not too moist to form meatballs)
- 1T diced garlic
- Goat cheese (or blue cheese)
- Mix breadcrumbs and egg white in a bowl and allow to soften
- Mix all ingredients
- Form meat mixture into meatballs and place on a greased cookie sheet
- Using a wooden spoon (or whatever) poke a hole into the meatball, but don't go all the way through
- Fill the hole with goat/blue cheese
- Bake at 450 for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through
Enjoy! If you like this then also take a look at my Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken. I'm a buffalo gal!
Love and wing sauce,
Carissa & Kyle