I have an amazing, handsome personal trainer who always fits me in his schedule. Lucky girl.
But I get it. Sometimes getting to the gym or getting a workout in can be hard. Especially for those of us who are superwomen (or men) who work, have kids, husbands, and homes to keep. It's a lot.
Here are some tips to help you get to the gym:
1. Hire a personal trainer - No it's not a shamless plug *grin*, having a personal trainer makes you accountable. You have a set appointment time and you'll show up. Plus having a "great" personal trainer makes a difference because they will push you harder than you would on your own. (if your trainer doesn't do that or simply counts as you do walking lunges across the floor..give 'em the BOOT!)
2. Find a gym buddy - Friends are free. Fit friends are fab. Find a buddy at the gym or recruit a friend to workout with you. Making this commitment to someone else will help you be accountable and show up. For those of you who are super busy this can be an important social outlet for you too.
|My gym buddy|
4. Focus on the benefits- Whether you're in the gym to get lean, lose weight, finish your first 5k, or have more energy- remember why you go there. Keeping the purpose in focus makes getting there easier. Then you can enjoy the results of consistent physical activity.
5. Put on your shoes - Sometimes the hardest part is the first step. Once your shoes are on...you have no choice but to go! Imagine how lame you would feel taking off your sneakers without doing anything!
6. Keep gym clothes in your car - like a good Boy Scout- be prepared! Clothes in the car = no excuses when a friend calls and wants to meet up for spin class.
I hope these tips help you get to the gym a little easier!
When fitness is part of your daily routine the follow through comes easier.
Whether you workout 1,2, or 5 times this week be PROUD of it!
Love and high fives,
Carissa & Kyle