How sweet are they? Best friends, huh! Asia is the gray one and Polie (who is Asia's daughter...yes for real) is the black cat! Awwwwww! Our little angels!
Moving along...tonight's dinner is so easy to make and delicious. I can't wait to
I'm sure a few of you have your own recipes for easy chicken parmesan. This is what I have found works best for me. Baking cuts MEGA calories from the typically fried version and I suggest low-fat mozzarella. Plus you'll get a dose of lycopene from the tomato sauce.
Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breast in a plastic bag and pound until thin.
- Get out 2 bowls. In one combine 1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup wheat germ, fresh chopped parsley, and dried Italian spices like basil and oregano.
- In the second bowl place 1 egg and scramble. (you can you egg whites but I prefer a little fat from the yolk to help my breadcrumbs stick)
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on a greased baking dish and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- With 5 minutes left in the cooking time top with chicken with thin slices of mozzarella, fresh basil, and marinara sauce. Bake until melted.
Yes, you CAN use jarred sauce. Yes it's easy and fast. BUT they add SUGAR and far more oil and SALT then if you made the sauce at home. Homemade sauce making is easy and it only dirties one more pot!
I'll do a full saucy blog soon, but quickly just sauté garlic and onion in a little EVOO. Then add 1-2 cans of crushed tomatoes and 1/4 cup water. Spice it like crazy with italian spices, crushed red pepper, basil, garlic powder, fresh basil, and a 1/4 t salt. Let simmer and serve. I'm no Molto Mario but it's tasty to meee!
Well, now you know what's on my plate tonight.
|I think my chicky needs a side dish! :) No pasta here!|
What's your favorite easy weeknight dinner?
Love and melted mozzarella,Carissa & Kyle